Date:      Sat, 16 Feb 2002 12:27:14 -0600
From:      "Mike Meyer" <mwm-dated-1014316035.9c3737@mired.org>
To:        trini 0 <gms08701@yahoo.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Downgrading a port??

trini 0 <gms08701@yahoo.com> types:
> I have php 4.1.1 installed from the ports, but, I want
> to go back down to 4.0.6.
> I tried pkg_add, but its only finding 4.1.1 in the ftp
> tree.
> What else could be done??

You can pull the 4.0.6 version of the port from the cvs
repository. See the cvsup man page for details on how to go about
doing that. This will only work if all the tarballs required to build
4.0.6 are available. If you don't clean out distfiles, they may still
be on your machine. If not, you have to hope that one of the
repositories has them.

Alternatively, if you know that this package was shipped on the CDROM
for some version, you could get a copy of that version and install the
package from it.

	<mike