Date:      Tue, 13 Feb 1996 08:40:52 +0100 (MET)
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        robert@fledge.watson.org (Robert Watson)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: SCSI Iomega zip drive

> I'm borrowing a friends IOMega zip drive for a while so I can move
> several file collections onto my FreeBSD 2.1.0 system.  I installed the
> SCSI card (an adaptec 6360 card) because my existing card has only high
> density SCSI-2 external port, and the iomega requires a db-25 port.  So
> now I have two scsi adapters in the sytem.  I've included a copy of my
> dmesg and lsdev below.  The problem is, I don't know what to do next.  I
> attempted to mount the drive, it didn't work.  When I do a scsi probe on
> it, I get a timeout [ sd0[aic0:5:0): timed out] despite the fact that it
> kind of gets listed in the dmesg.  Any advice from anyone who is using
> one already, or any suggestiongs about how to debug the problem would be
> much welcomed.

First off, get a DB25 to 50pin adapter for a few bucks - it helps a lot :-)

I'm running an IOMEGA ZIP drive off a AH1542B w/o problems though there
is some strange probe message which I was told is harmless. The time-out
though is bad.

Do you have proper cabling/termination? You know that the IOMEGA has a
terminator enable/disable switch on the rear?

[dmesg, lsdev deleted]