Date:      Thu, 22 Nov 2001 23:38:22 +0100
From:      Andreas Ntaflos <ntaflos.andreas@gmx.net>
To:        Anthony Atkielski <anthony@freebie.atkielski.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Error on xl0

On Thu, Nov 22, 2001 at 02:38:21PM +0100, Anthony Atkielski wrote:
> If you don't wish to answer my questions, don't read them, and don't respond to
> them--you'll save yourself time and bandwidth that way.  In the meantime,
> actions speak louder than words.

> > by using this list as an 'Anthony-questions@freebsd.org' list? Like
> > sendmail.org i guess you hadn't been to and all these 2-10 questions you
> > ask every day to which many of them you could find the answers if you
> > READ the man pages/handbook

Well I believe Jon is right. Many things you mention in your questions could
have been answered by simply telling you to RTFM or to read the handbook at
http://www.freebsd.org/handbook . But there are always people around who are
kind enough and try to help you with your problems and questions, any yet I've
never seen you just posting a simple "Thanks for your replies" or "Thanks for your
advice". Instead you have a writing style that surely makes a lot of people
think that your just plain arrogant and ignorant. Although you don't seem to
be a newbie or something like that, you seem to tend to blame everyone here
for the problems you have with your machine and OS (Windows NT vs Open source,
that mysterious reboot at night, etc) in a way which makes me wonder why, (and
happy that), there has not been a signle person really starting to curse. But you
keep pushing it anyhow.

Noone here is forced to deal with your problems, yet this is supposed to be
a community where we all should be politely and helpful to each other. Paradise, hm?
However, I see so much aggression in your posts and particularily in your replies
that I wonder why the hell you are wasting your and our time with those (not to speak
from bandwidth, disk space and oxygen). We're not responsible for your problems,
but your texts seem to just imply that and nothing else.

So my advice to you would be to be thankful that there's such a thing like
this list (and the others you are posting to) and thankful for it's people.
Changing the way you ask or answer wouldn't be a bad idea either.

regards
--
	Andreas "ant" Ntaflos
	ntaflos.andreas@gmx.net