Date:      Sat, 30 Dec 2006 10:35:32 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        rwatson@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        erik.udo@gmail.com, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org, olli@lurza.secnetix.de
Subject:   Re: Init.c, making it chroot

In message: <20061230123256.V18740@fledge.watson.org>
            Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org> writes:
: Mounting a second devfs instance is undesirable for a number of
: reasons, not least that you end up with an extra file system
: floating around (although not reachable via the name space).  It's
: certainly not disastrous though.

At work, we have a build server.  Our build environment is a chroot'd
area that allows us to insultate the products we're building from the
host os's files completely.  We have to have a devfs entry in each of
these chroots.  We often see dozens of devfs instances mounted on our
6.2 build boxes w/o ill effect.  We've done this as far back as 5.3.

Warner