Date:      Fri, 13 Apr 2001 13:59:46 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>
To:        Martin Blapp <mb@imp.ch>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, Thomas Quinot <quinot@inf.enst.fr>, alfred@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NFS export to netgroup with duplicate hosts

:on BSD, and we can do more finetuning than on Solaris itself. Also
:mountd and export seems to support more features than in Solaris,
:according to the manpage.
:
:Could this export restriction change in future with nfsv4, when nfs
:does get stateful (I've heard about that the stateless behaviour will
:go away with nfsdv4) ... ? I do not know much about the internals of
:nfsv4 ...
:
:Martin

    I don't know anything about NFSv4 myself, but if it's stateful I
    suppose it would be possible.  Still unlikely, though, since UNIX
    by definition makes enough of a distinction between file handles
    and directory paths that directory-path-based perms would be difficult.

						-Matt