Date:      Sat, 13 Oct 2001 12:36:22 +0000 (GMT)
From:      "P. U. (Uli) Kruppa" <root@pukruppa.de>
To:        Edward Gess <edward_gess@hotmail.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: sio

On Sat, 13 Oct 2001, Edward Gess wrote:

>   I ma running FreeBSD-4.4-RELEASE, when I am getting to the Internet using
>   my modem connected to com1 port (sio0), all the time I am connected, I am
>   getting "/kernel: one or more sio0 overflow" or something like. I tryed to
>   re-compile my kernel (it is kernel's message), but it didn't helped, so I
> found
>   the code in sources and commented it out... How to really fix this
> problem?
There were may messages on this list about half a year ago
(you can search older mailig archives, when you need to).
As far as I can remember you had to set down the modem speed
entry in /etc/ppp/ppp.conf

I have never seen these messages anymore after I changed
from a modem- to a DSL-connection (last april or so).

Uli.