Date:      Mon, 07 Nov 2005 01:15:22 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        "Raphael H. Becker" <Raphael.Becker@gmx.de>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gnome_upgrade212.sh: Why removing KDE3 during update?!?

--=-RG+wrQjPpHfuFxynLw78

On Mon, 2005-11-07 at 07:11 +0100, Raphael H. Becker wrote:
> Hi *,
>=20
> i guess your GNOME update script is poaching in my installed ports, it
> even updates my KDE3!  KDE has its own way to update!=20
>=20
> It seems you have a terrible bug in that script and if this is not a bug
> but a feature, you should warn before proceeding. 224 ports and most of
> them don't depend on gnomelibs & Co.
>=20
> What is wrong with it?

Nothing.  It removes all ports that have a run-time dependency on our
update target (devel/glib20), then reinstalls them as new.  This was the
most reliable way to do the upgrade with all the circular dependencies
and other pitfalls. =20

KDE gets the glib dependency through arts.

Joe

--=20

--=-RG+wrQjPpHfuFxynLw78

--=-RG+wrQjPpHfuFxynLw78--