Date:      Fri, 27 Apr 2001 12:00:34 -0700
From:      Ed Alley <alley1@llnl.gov>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.2 Installation troubles

Hello:
	I have a question about some trouble that I am having
installing FreeBSD 4.2. I am doing a new install from FreeBSD 3.3
because I upgraded my hard disk and thought that I might as well
upgrade the OS. (:->)

	After completing the installation I find that netscape 4.76
won't run any more; it gives a floating point error with no information
as to why.

	This happens even if I use an earlier version (4.08) of netscape.

	It must be due to some library inconsistency. Do you have any
idea where I should look. Should I add earlier versions of the .so. libs
in /usr/lib? I have tried that by including all of the earlier versions
that I could find from my FreeBSD3.3 disks (from the live filesystem)
but this didn't work.

	Is there a way to check for a corrupted library?

	Short of reinstalling the OS, I am at my wits end.

	Please advise.

			Thank-you,

			Ed Alley           (:-<)
			wea@llnl.gov