Date:      Fri, 26 Jan 2001 09:53:39 CST
From:      "TODD WITTER" <witter@wpr.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Install question / partitions

Hi there.
I have been wanting to install FreeBSD 4.1 on my computer but am
a little confused with the fdisk portion of the install.
Currently I have 2 windows partitions, C and D.  When installing
linux, they are labeled as /dev/hda1 and /dev/hda5.  When
installing FBSD, I don't see my D partition listed, nor my current
linux partitions.
I would eventually like to have a triple boot system with windows
still on C and D, Free BSD and Linux (debian).
A)  Is this possible?
B)  Why does it look like FreeBSD's fdisk doesn't recognize the
linux partitions?
C)  If I'm willing to lose my current linux install, what is the best
course of action to take?  (I'm also a bit concerned with losing that
D partition in windows as I mentioned above.)
Any help you can offer would be EXTREMELY appreciated.
Thanks alot!

Todd Witter

Todd Witter
Associate Producer