Date:      Sat, 24 Mar 2001 22:42:52 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jim Durham <durham@w2xo.pgh.pa.us>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   pccard problem

I have had pccard support working on a Winbook laptop and a no-name
clone. I am now trying to get it working on a Gateway P90 system.
We're using Lucent Wav/Lan cards, which are supported.

The system will see the controller, it will see the card insertion,
but it reports the card identification strings as "NULL" "NULL" and
say there is no card definition for "NULL" "NULL".

The setup on the Gateway is virtually the same as the clone. IE: PCI
2 meg S3 video card, 3COM 3C509 NIC, and we've tried several brands
of ISA PC card adapter frames. They all work in the clone, but give
the "NULL" "NULL" response in the Gateway. Both systems are running
4.3-BETA2 at the moment.

Is this a know issue with the Gateway motherboard or something of
that sort? We have played with interrupts, BIOS, and so forth, to
no avail, even recompiled the kernel with a fixed interrupt for
pcic0 .

-Jim Durham