Date:      Wed, 17 Jul 1996 18:51:39 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Frank Seltzer <frankd@yoda.fdt.net>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Comments wanted on new system

I am assembling a new system to run FreeBSD. The proposed hardware
currently consists of :

	Asus P6RP4 Pentium Pro 200 motherboard
	64 megs RAM
	Asus SC200 SCSI controller

I had originally wanted to get a 4.3 GB hard drive for this system but the
price (900-1000) is prohibitive. I am therefore considering 2-3 1.0-1.6 GB
drives at 250-300 each (all prices are USD). Does anyone have any
suggestions or recommendations to make about this idea? Any favorite
drives to recommend?

I am also looking for suggestions for a tape backup at a reasonable price.

All comments and suggestions are welcome as I am not very familiar with
SCSI peripherals.

Thanks,
Frank
--
Only in America can a homeless veteran sleep in a cardboard box while a
draft dodger sleeps in the White House.    <unknown>