Date:      Sun, 4 Feb 2001 23:21:12 EST
From:      FBSDTecknical@aol.com
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Unable to use modem

Hello,

I am having a problem using a modem under FreeBSD 4.2-RELEASE.  First of all,
the modem is not in the sio.c list so I had to add it.  Now, it sees the
modem, but I keep getting an error when the kernel boots.

wildfire:/etc 238 ### ->dmesg | grep 'sio'
sio0 at port 0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4 flags 0x10 on isa0
sio0: type 16550A
sio1 at port 0x2f8-0x2ff irq 3 on isa0
sio1: type 16550A
sio2: configured irq 5 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
wildfire:/etc 239 ### ->

Anyone know why I keep getting this error for sio2?  I know for a fact that
there are no conflicting interrupts in the system.

Dan.