Date:      Fri, 20 Dec 2002 01:18:42 +0200
From:      Asker <noreply@nospam.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   FTP installation from the floppies through ADSL modem with PPPoE or PPTP  protocol.

Hello

I want to do FTP installation of FreeBSD when I have only these items:

1. One clean i386 computer box.
2. One external ADSL modem, connected to the box by ethernet
   and to the ADSL Service Provider (phone line).
3. One or more installation floppies.

The modem can be configured to use PPPoE or PPTP protocol for making the
connection with my Internet Servise Provider.

Is such installation possibly with standard floppies?
If it is not, will it be possibly with upcoming FreeBSD 5.x?
Is there any unstandard (and then unofficial) floppies set that supports
PPPoE for FTP installation?

P.S. I found that NetBSD 1.6 have PPPoE support in the kernel and some
people reported success with FTP installation through PPPoE. What about
FreeBSD?

Thanks