Date:      Fri, 11 Jul 2003 14:24:52 -0400
From:      Scott Lambert <lambert@lambertfam.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Subject:   Re: SSH/v1 dead processes bug

On Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at 11:31:49AM -0600, M. Warner Losh wrote:
> In message: <84344.1057919867@xciv.org>
>             Paul Civati <paul@xciv.org> writes:
> : Should I submit this as a proper bug, or will someone look at it?
>
> Former.
>
> : Basically, between 4.7-REL and 4.8-REL ssh was upgraded and now exhibits
> : the following bug.
> :
> : If you connect with protocol v1 you get three ssh processes, one of
> : which never dies, even after the ssh session has been closed.
>
> I'm seeing exactly the same thing.

That looks like what I reported with my shell server.  I hadn't tracked it
down to just ssh v1 though.

DES responded and said it was fixed a few days after -RELEASE.  I
thought he intended to commit the patch to RELENG_4_8, but I haven't
seen it happen.  I may have just missed it on one of those busy days
when you just can't read all the commit messages.

lambert@lambertfam.org