Date:      Tue, 3 Oct 2000 16:44:35 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at>
To:        Mark A Gebert <geeb@merit.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Wine and running DOS programs

On Tue, 3 Oct 2000, Mark A Gebert wrote:
> Has anyone noticed you can't run DOS programs with Wine 20000821 and
> FreeBSD 4.1.1

Yes, I noticed that when Wine stopped compiling. This code in Wine has
been rewritten but none cared about any system different from Linux, so it
was disabled.

(If I remember correctly, it's some time ago...)

> It seems that MZ_SUPPORT doesn't get defined as well as HAVE_SYS_VM86_H.
> Does anyone have this working or any pointers to make it work?

I am rather sure none is working on it. If you want to give it a try,
I suggest to contact the wine developers at wine-dev@winehq.com (though
you'll have to subscribe first).

If you want, I can also forward a message there.

Gerald

PS: I'm the current maintainer of the FreeBSD port of Wine, but I mainly
spend my time taking care that the original Wine sources still build and
work on FreeBSD and that our port builds and installs fine.