Date:      Mon, 14 Jun 1999 12:20:43 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
To:        ESPO247@aol.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ed0 Device Time out

ESPO247@aol.com wrote:

> I keep getting a device timeout on two different systems (one running 2.2.5
> and the other running 3.2). I have the IRQ set at 5, and nothing else is set
> for that IRQ in my kernel as far as I know. The NIC is a 3C503. The card is
> detected and all goes well at boot.
>
> Is there some sort of jumper on the card that needs to be set, or some sort
> of software I need to run to configure the card itself more? Or is it
> something else I'm doing wrong?

I went to http://support.3com.com/infodeli/inotes/techtran/4bae_5ea.htm
to see what the setup was. They indicate there are jumpers. I probably
have a manual that goes with the 3c503 I pulled out of a system but I
haven't used one of these cards for years. Usually 3Com has online
manuals but they don't for the Elink II cards, which they consider to be
really obsolete.

Kent

> TIA
> Espo

Kent Stewart
Richland, WA

mailto:kstewart@3-cities.com

Hunting Archibald Stewart, b 1802 in Ballymena, Antrim Co., NIR
http://www.3-cities.com/~kstewart/genealogy/archibald_stewart.html