Date:      Sat, 26 Oct 2002 10:46:24 +0930
From:      David Lloyd <lloy0076@adam.com.au>
To:        Mike Thompson <mike@atomz.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SAP DB on FreeBSD

Mike,

> I would assume that SAP DB would work as well under Linux emulation,
> but it would be cool if a native FreeBSD port effort was underway.
> However, with 6000+ source files it sounds like a monster to port.

The Handbook from 4.6 says that it runs under Linux; I've never tried it
but it's under the section called "The Cutting Edge". I would assume
that 4.7 hasn't broken it.

My question would be, if it runs as (or almost as efficiently) under
Linux emulation then why port such a huge project [apart from the
obvious reason "because we can"]?

DSL

--
The Linux C Programming Lists: