Date:      Mon, 28 May 2001 10:27:30 +0800
From:      "Lim Seng Chor" <Lim.Seng.Chor@sit.edu.my>
To:        David Banning <david@banning.com>
Cc:        david@banning.com, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: telnet security question

well, I did mention firewalls, but i didnt use the word 'firewalls'.

(1) a router is a poor man firewalls, I think i did mention the packet
filtering function.
(2) and (3) is considered host-based firewalls function-alike program
(4) and (5) is not firewalls but a cheap solution compare to firewalls

You can have your network based or host based firewalls. but it
depends on your need, because that involves the budget and policy
of your company.

: )