Date:      Wed, 24 Jan 2001 15:38:07 -0800
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@cup.hp.com>
To:        Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg>
Cc:        Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>, clefevre@noos.fr, freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: patch for bsd.lib.mk to create include and lib dirs

Peter Pentchev wrote:

> > But why have a define for this?  Why not check to make sure that
> > directory is missing before trying to create it?
>
> I'd rather it was a define, because automatically creating directories
> might mean new directories *in the source tree* are left out of the
> hier mtree files.

I don't understand this. There's a problem when the library is being
installed. This either means that the directory has not been added in
Makefile.inc1 or that the mtree files need to be updated. In both cases,
creating the directory obfuscates a bug. The proper fix would be to add
the directory to wherever it had to be created in the first place.
Right?

--
Marcel Moolenaar
  mail: marcel@cup.hp.com / marcel@FreeBSD.org