Date:      Sun, 1 Sep 2002 21:28:30 +0100
From:      Chris <root@localhost.my.domain>
To:        bsd <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   pcm problem

Dear BSD users.

O/S: FreeBSD 4.4 stable

Up untill now i have had no problems decoding mp3 files using mpg123.
All of the relevant drivers are present i.e dsp --> dsp0 etc

However, recently I have come across the following error message when trying to play mp3 files using mpg123:

	pcm0: record interrupt timeout, channel dead

Using verbose mode with mpg123 shows it reading the mp3 file at an extremely fast rate but producing no discernible output.

My sound card works fine as I can play audio cd's through cdcontrol.

I have searched extensively on the web and found people who have had similar problems but no solutions.

There have been reports that this may be a bug in FreeBSD 4.4 can anyone verify this for me?

I would appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction or suggesting what could be causing this problem?

Many thanks

Chris

--
**** crizza@sdf.lonestar.org ****