Date:      Tue, 20 Jun 1995 15:06:17 -0400 (EDT)
From:      jfieber@cs.smith.edu (John Fieber)
To:        paul@freebsd.org
Cc:        jfieber@cs.smith.edu, jkh@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Calling all hackers - it's time to unite!

Paul Richards writes:
> Would people be willing to try apache as our server? It's developed by like
> minded people to us and Brian Tao and myself play with it a lot. It's
> also very good and likely to become one of the best.

I'm game.  The server originally set up (by jlrobin) was NCSA
1.2.  It needed to be upgraded and he is offline for a number of
weeks so I upgraded just yesterday and switched to the cern
server since I'm much more familiar with it than NCSA.  You don't
think two server changes in a week are too much?  ;-)

Set it up on port 8080 so we can test it a little.  If all goes
well, then we can move it to port 80.  The current (CERN) server
lives in /usr/local/www (a link to /c/www --- watch
/c/www/database, its about 180meg).