Date:      Sat, 17 Feb 1996 08:35:29 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        sycheng@cis.ufl.edu
Subject:   Re: [HELP] Cannot boot

As Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> >   Thanks a lot. Any other good suggestion ?
>
> I think the only suggestion that will actually net you a working system
> if those are your constraints is:
>
> 	"Get rid of that stinking promise controller!"
>
> :-)

This is called ``The m-hundred-dollar solution''.

Alternatively, dig into the code, learn to know why and how it fails,
and go fix it.

This is called ``The m-hundred-hour solution''.

I'm sure, after doing the second, we have one guy more in the group of
people praying in Usenet that ``IDE is basically crap''.

I've seen three floppy tape maintainers here.  All of them started
very enthusiastic, started to understand the standards, started to
understand the code -- and finally bought a Real Tape Drive.  (Well,
i'm not yet sure about the last of them...)

--
cheers, J"org