Date:      Tue, 15 Sep 1998 01:07:47 -0700
From:      rob@remarque.org (Rob Robertson)
To:        Brian Handy <handy@lambic.physics.montana.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: APM on TP560's

The latest bios (v1.20, PN #97H4075, dated 04-09-98)) for the 560, is
wacky.  It's designed for win98, and it doesn't behave well with
freebsd.  I dunno why.  Try down grading to the older bios v1.11 (PN
#97H4604, dated 03-18-98).   Your going to have to troll the ibm
website for it.  If you don't find it, I can dd and send you a copy
off of floppy.

I've also got a similar problem.  My TP came back from the repair
center, now, when XFree 3.2.2 comes up, it comes up all weird, like
the monitor/card aren't specified right ( a bunch of osillating lines
on the left side of the machine ), however, if I suspend, and resume,
the video returns to what I'm used to.

New rev of the cyber 9382 maybe?  Anyone have any ideas?

rob