Date:      Sat, 23 Jun 2001 11:09:29 -0400
From:      dochawk@psu.edu
To:        Dale Chulhan - Home <dchulhan@uwi.tt>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: VM-Ware Performance with FreeBSD

dale dithered,

> Remember my X-window question from before? Well any way the best
> recommendation was to use VM-Ware and install true FreeBSD.

> My question is that I installed on a 450MHz machine with 128 MB RAM and
> seems to be a bit lazy on WinNT.

istr that vmware wants a minimum of 256mb . . . go low on something
like that, and performance will suffer dearly . . .

Save for riduculously long startup times which generate no load at all,
I'm having no trouble running the linux version under freebsd--but I
have 512mb . .  (I asked for 256 to go with the 128 that came with it,
and he insisted on pulling the 128 for another 512 . . . no, I don't
want to trade problems :)

hawk

--
Prof. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.                     /"\   ASCII ribbon campaign
dochawk@psu.edu  Smeal 178  (814) 375-4700         \ /   against HTML mail