Date:      Sat, 06 Jan 2001 16:58:54 -0800
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        def1@iname.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: more stuff

> Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 15:57:33 GMT
> From: def1@iname.com
> Sender: owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
>
> a pager is kind of an important utility in an OS,
> and the "more" utility bundled with FBSD seems to
> be lacking in some fundamental and critical ways:

It does not do all you suggest, but I'd suggest "most" from
/usr/ports/misc/most. It could use mailcap. I'll send a suggestion to
the author, although I don't know how actively he is working on it now.

most(1) supports multiple windows and multiple files. It can display
text or binaries. It can open additional files after activation and
can drop you into a test editor to edit the displayed file.

I've been using most for many years as it was originally written for
VMS back in the 80's.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)