Date:      Fri, 26 Mar 1999 00:42:26 -0500 (EST)
From:      jwhite@cryogen.com
To:        ftobin@bigfoot.com
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sudo (was Re: Kerberos vs SSH)

I'm sorry but this is getting absurd, if it's important enough to go
with one time passwords (the only "perfect" solution) then you should
be on an encrypted channel and worrying about how secure that channel
is.  If you pursue this line of reasoning, you will discover that using
one time passwords, while ideal is not always feasible and further, it
is significantly harder than always using encrypted channels.

Oh and if you are actually relying on your attacker using a sniffer
that is not "advanced", you are, to put it bluntly, screwed.