Date:      Thu, 27 Sep 2001 14:11:33 -0400
From:      David Friedman <driz@away.net>
To:        Martin Vana <martin.vana@vslib.cz>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SSH Shell account

* Martin Vana (martin.vana@vslib.cz) wrote:
> hi,
> im behind a tough firewall and port 23(telnet) is disabled. 22(SSH) is
> enabled but i cant find any shell account provider that has it open(22) and working there is always message "protocol mismatch".
> Can you help me?

I believe that the "protocol mismatch" error is somewhat misleading at times.
It could be one of a number of things, but the following come to mind:

- specifying ssh1 in your client when connecting to an ssh2-only server (rare)
- specifying ssh2 in your client when connecting to an ssh1-only server
- connecting to a server that utilizes tcp wrappers without authorization
- etc.

Are you sshing from FreeBSD to FreeBSD?  If not, what OS and what software
are you using for your client?
--
David Friedman - http://www.away.net/

BSD: "Are you guys coming or what?"