Date:      Sun, 23 Nov 2003 20:12:08 -0500
From:      "john" <john@duophone.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   5.0 vs. 5.1

I'm currently running 5.0 release and am wondering about the possible
positives/negatives of switching to another release, particularly 5.1
current.

I'm running it as my "work" machine for programming and school type things,
side by side with my windows machine, so it's not *essential*, but I would
definitely like to eventually be done with windows all-together. Strangely,
I've never been able to get this system to boot to the sysinstall menu with
any 4.8 or 4.9 build, so provided I'm not just doing something horribly
stupid they're not an option.

My end goals would be to have this machine see and be visible to my windows
network, set up email, ftp, and web servers, and have as much multimedia
functionality and windows program accessibility as possible.

~john