Date:      25 Mar 2001 07:53:43 EST
From:      "Mark Sergeant" <mark.sergeant@snsonline.net>
To:        "mike" <mikenoc@mindspring.net>, <Drew.Tomlinson@lc.ca.gov>
Cc:        <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>, <durham@w2xo.pgh.pa.us>, "Jonathan Chen" <jonathan.chen@itouch.co.nz>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, <memphis_ms@gmx.ne>, "Linh Pham" <lplist@closedsrc.org>
Subject:   Re: Samba issues

My advice would be to do the following

smbpasswd -a windows98username

Enter the password you use for windows 98 connections and you'll be fine. You
also will have to ensure that a unix account exists for the windows98username
otherwise it will be unable to add the smbpasswd.

Cheers,

Mark

--
"Always try to do things in chronological order; it's less confusing
that way."