Date:      Fri, 2 Oct 1998 14:27:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        Douglas Knight <dnk2374@ritvax.isc.rit.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: hello

On Fri, 2 Oct 1998, Douglas Knight wrote:

>I am student second years in Rochester Intitute of Technology and My
>majoring is Industrial Drafting Technical... I learn lab and challenges
>and any much too...

>what does freebsd mean?? Are you send free things at me???

Free means two things. Free as in no cost and Free as in Freedom. The Free
ins FreeBSD means both.

BSD is Berkeley Software Distribution. It is a free unix operating system.

No we don't send free things to you. You have to come and get them. You
can get them by starting at http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/install.html.

Catchya Later,		|	UW Mechanical Engineering
Jason Wells		|	http://weber.u.washington.edu/~jcwells/