Date:      Thu, 14 Aug 1997 10:52:29 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
To:        Oliver Schmelzle <Oliver.Schmelzle@Eng.Sun.COM>
Cc:        FreeBSD-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Needed: Info on shells and script writing

On Thu, 14 Aug 1997, Oliver Schmelzle wrote:

> I'm pretty sure that the tcsh-port configures /etc/shells approprietly.
> Maybe there was still some tcsh package information on your system that
> stated that tcsh is still installed as a package. So it didn't reinstall
> the whole package.
>
> oli.

6.06 had been installed as a package, but what I installed was 6.07.02
(port sources as of August 5, 1977).  So both are now registered.
There's nothing in the Makefile
that looks as if it will alter /etc/shells as far as I can tell;
(nothing comparable to the lines in the bash2 Makefile).  But
the PLIST suggests that it thinks /etc/shells has in fact been
changed.  (This isn't a problem for me in terms of writing it up
for new users or any other way.)

	Annelise