Date:      Tue, 02 Oct 2001 09:53:46 -0400
From:      "Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH" <allbery@ece.cmu.edu>
To:        Robert L Sowders <rsowders@usgs.gov>, francisv@dagupan.com
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: SSH Problem

On Tuesday, October 02, 2001 03:22:57 -0700, rsowders@usgs.gov wrote:
+----
| While that may be the problem, it is supposed to try one and then the
| other.  All my machines use either key with no problems.  Cvsuped 8 days
+--->8

It's supposed to, but my experience is that this doesn't always do what you
expect.  I think if it can make an ssh2 connection but you have no
authorized_keys2 (only authorized_keys) then it will prompt for a password.

--
brandon s. allbery    [os/2][linux][solaris][japh]   allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator       [WAY too many hats]         allbery@ece.cmu.edu