Date:      Mon, 15 Jun 1998 12:23:50 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Patrick Gardella <patrick@cre8tivegroup.com>
To:        Jerry Preeper <preeper@cts.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: searching files on server

Sure.  You could use the Perl LWP library and the examples from Web
Client Programming (O'Reilly).  The examples can be downloaded from
ftp://ftp.oreilly.com/published/oreilly/nutshell/web-client/examples.tar
gz

Look at ch5/showlink, ch6/hgrepurl and ch6/checksite
All do what you want them to do, the last two do more, as well.  I'd
start with the last one and work back.

Or you could do:

grep "string" *.html

Patrick