Date:      Tue, 24 Feb 1998 15:14:36 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Adam Turoff <AdamT@smginc.com>
Cc:        hackers <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>, Robert Glover <rob@f-body.org>
Subject:   Re: Token Ring for FreeBSD yet?

> Token Ring is the most expensive, slowest networking protocol on the
> planet(*).  Why wouldn't a slick, fast OS like FreeBSD support it?

Actually, while it may be more expensive (and I guess that depends on
whether or not you just inheirited a truckload of TR gear from some
company abandoning it and didn't have to pay a cent :-), I don't think
it's exactly the *slowest* - doesn't TR operate at 16MBit/sec as
opposed to the 10MBit/sec of your more pedestrian ethernet?

None of which refutes my original point, of course, which is that it's
still dead dead dead dead dead.  It's dead, Jim, and it's not coming
back for the sequel.  Time to move on.

					Jordan