Date:      Mon, 10 Aug 1998 12:17:35 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Victor M. Carranza G." <victor@mp.lex.gob.gt>
Subject:   Oracle on Linux... Arggh! :(

Maybe this is old stuff, I have been off-line some time...

Today, I have read (in the Oracle website) that Oracle is planning to
release a Linux version of their software...

According to their website:

"The Linux operating system, which began as a development project with
strong support from the Internet community, has become one of the fastest
growing UNIX platforms in the enterprise--with an estimated 7 million
users, according to Linux Online (www.linux.org).  Available free on the
Internet, Linux is a strong leader in the Internet service provider market
and currently provides a compelling alternative to Windows NT on Intel."

And what the hell about FreeBSD???? It seems like better performance and
stability (rock solid in fact) does not sell anymore :(

Oracle people in my country does not even know anything about FreeBSD.
They allways say: "oh, yes... I think it is one of those free OS's
available from the Internet... it is not a serious OS."  Arghh! :(

Sorry fellows... those news from Oracle gave me a horrible stomachache,
and I had to tell somebody.

-Victor

P.S. Please... could somebody give me pointers to articles or websites
about the NCOS=FreeBSD formula. I need weapons to fight the
FreeBSD-unaware-Oracle-support people here.