Date:      Fri, 22 Mar 2002 22:13:58 +0000
From:      "Paul Koppel" <pkoppel@fastmail.fm>
To:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   problem installing gnome

Successfully installed FreeBSD 4.5, and tried to install Gnome +
sawfish
from the /stand/sysinstall program.  Connected up to your ftp site OK
and loaded many gnome related packages.  However, repeatedly, the
installation halts because it can't find:

gnomeprint-0.34
bonobo-1.0.18

I realize that there are newer versions of both packages -
gnomeprint-0.35 and bonobo-1.0.19 listed under the /gnome/ports.html.
What is the best way to install the packages that don't appear to be on
your main ftp site?  Or do I need to use the latest
versions of gnomeprint and bonobo?  If so, what about dependencies?
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

paul koppel
--
  Paul Koppel