Date:      Sat, 26 Oct 2002 04:56:57 +0200
From:      Alex <freebsd-reply@akruijff.dds.nl>
To:        erk! <tapeworm@insekta.org>
Cc:        freebsd-reply@akruijff.dds.nl, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Netiquette (was Re: linux compatibility in 4.7)

Hello/Beste erk!,

> in the future, PLEASE trim the text you're quoting

The text it self wasn't that large. So i don't think this is wrong.
Plus I that leaving it would give someone else a better change at
understanding the question.
(http://www.lemis.com/questions.html#answer see number 7)

> , and put your reply above the quote.

There is a document (about these specific mailing lists) that suggest
to put it at the bottom. (I'll continue doing so.) I feel it would be
better to simply place them at the bottom.
(http://www.lemis.com/questions.html#answer see number 9)

The same document suggest not to put these kind of mail on the list.
(http://www.lemis.com/questions.html#answer see number 11)

> we shouldn't have to scroll through 20 rows of text,
> including the entirety of the original post, just to see your reply.
> cutting out the MSN ad would've been nice, too.

I agree on the MSN part.

> i don't even use a console-only mail reader anymore, and i still find
> this to be incredibly rude.

I thought i was friendly, not rude!!

> a good rule of thumb: if the text you're quoting is larger than your
> reply, rethink it or don't post it.

There are a lot of detailed questions with simple answers. I don't see
way this couldn't apply to this one. I waited a couple of days (just
as a other writing suggested) for someone to come up with a better
answer. Since no one did I gave my thoughts.
(http://www.lemis.com/questions.html#answer number 5)

Nobody is perfect. This include you and me! I feel that you make to
much fuss out of this.

--
Best regards/Met vriendelijke groet,
Alex