Date:      Mon, 6 Nov 2000 16:14:29 +0300
From:      Odhiambo Washington <wash@iconnect.co.ke>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        sharpmind2@371.net
Subject:   Re: my sio2 and sio3 doesnt work

* sharpmind2@371.net <sharpmind2@371.net> [20001105 17:44]:
=>I had a internal modem,and I was told  I must build kernel to work with it;
=>So I got rid of the key "disable"  in entries about sio2 and sio3 in the kernel
=>file, then I build kernel. However, after reboot it, system showed me messages
=>
=>"sio2: configure irq5 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0"
=>"sio3: configure irq9 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0"
=>
=>When I link modem to /dev/cuaa2 and /dev/cuaa2, I was showed error messages
=>" device not configured"

You've gotten  a bit confused about these (or do I say your questions are
confusing?).....it is better to take the steps one at a time.
If your modem is a PCI modem and a WINMODEM then it will never work.
Can we start from there?

I am not sure where the key 'disable' is....
Then you can also read the LINT file...it is a bit confusing at times.

Can I hand-hold you from a starting point to some point when I am unable
to help you then you can revert to the list again? This list has assisted
me so I guess to some extent I can assist you.
Pls reply to me first..

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington  Inter-Connect Ltd.,
wash@iconnect.co.ke  5th Flr Furaha Plaza

This may not be the path for everyone. But the trust of which we speak is not
an act of heroism. it is an act of surrender that makes the decision easier.
It sounds unbelieveable, but I know it to be true. Leave the decision to God
and you relieve yourself of the anxiety that comes from thinking that the
choice is yours - the sneaking suspicion that you might have done better had
you been a little more careful, a little luckier. -William McGurn, "The Gift
of a Child, Readers' Digest"