Date:      Fri, 20 Mar 1998 13:58:06 -0800 (PST)
From:      Joey Garcia <bear@pacificnet.net>
To:        Brandon Lockhart <brandon@engulf.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Slackware vs FreeBSD, aswell as my opinion on this list.

On Fri, 20 Mar 1998, Brandon Lockhart wrote:

> Slackware vs. FreeBSD

<snip-cut-snip>

> Now, about my opinion on this list.  There would be no FreeBSD chat
> between newbies if there where no questions.  I think this list should be
> for FreeBSD newbies in general.  Not just for chat, but questions also.  I
> mean, the manual is a good place to find answers, but who write's those
> things.  If we could understand them we wouldn't need to ask questions.

No kidding!! Sometimes I feel like I need a Masters in CS to understand
the damn man pages, but ya know the more you look at them...they easier
they are to understand.  I guess that's the basics of Unix...just keep
playing with it and you'll end up figuring it out. Just gotta have
patience...lot's and lot's of it.

Joey Bear Garcia