Date:      Sun, 1 Feb 2004 02:27:47 -0500
From:      "jwilliams@pop.courtesymortgage.com" <jwilliams@pop.courtesymortgage.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Question on cvsuping ports tree

I was reading a article at www=2Eonlamp=2Ecom in the FreeBSD section regar=
ding
the use of the portupgrade package=2E As I was reading the article, it sta=
ted
that everytime you cvsup your ports tree, your /usr/ports/INDEX file shoul=
reflect the update with a new time stamp, showing the last time the ports
tree was updated=2E

After updating my tree today and checking out the /usr/ports/INDEX file, i=
should the incorrect date=2E It should a date about a week old actually=2E=

SO my question is, what is going on? Is the article incorrect in what it
stated? Or is there something else I need to do that I am missing?

I do appreciate the help and explanation=2E

Jason

http://mail2web=2Ecom/ =2E