Date:      Wed, 9 Aug 2000 18:36:48 -0500 (CDT)
From:      David Scheidt <dscheidt@enteract.com>
To:        Paul Halliday <dp@penix.org>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PC compatibility cards.

On Wed, 9 Aug 2000, Paul Halliday wrote:

:    Hi.
:
:    Kinda off topic, but maybe not.
:
:I just aquired a few pc compatibility cards. From what I can ascertain
:they have an onboard p166 processor, 16m ram, 2 meg ati video, 256k
:cache, etc. Anyway, after a little reading i figured out what these
:little buggers do. Now, has anyone ever tried to mod one of these things
:and use it in a "pc"?, they are designed for Macs.
:
:    If anyone has played with one of these, any info would be greatly
:appreciated.
:

The ones I am familiar with were 486 somethings in PowerMac 6100s.  I have
no idea if you could run FreeBSD on them;  they certainly wouldn't work *in*
a PC, being PDS cards.  ARe the ones you have PCI?

David