Date:      Sun, 09 Jun 2002 00:06:18 -0400
From:      Michael Sharp <freebsd@ec.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   openoffice install

I'm running FreeBSD 4.6-RC and I updated my ports collection this
morning. I have 20 GiGs of freespace on my /usr slice. I recompiled my
kernel with the following options and booted into it as the openoffice
Makefile stated.

options MAXDSIZ="(1024*1024*1024)"
options MAXSSIZ="(256*1024*1024)"

I then ran ' make USE_GCC=3.1 '  ( as stated in the Makefile ) ( 8 hrs
of building )
I then ran ' make install '
restarted X

However, I have NOTHING in /usr/local/OpenOffice.org1.0/  and 'make
install-user' ( as the user I normally use ) says the setup fails
because setup is not in /usr/local/OpenOffice.org1.0/, nor is there a
soffice binary in /usr/local/bin.

What am I doing wrong?

michael