Date:      Wed, 24 Mar 1999 17:10:19 -0800 (PST)
From:      Faried Nawaz <fn@hungry.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   [2.2.8] bind 8.2

Hello,

I'm having trouble with bind 8.2 on a 2.2.8 machine.  Running 'ndc' seems
to crash the server; I traced named via gdb, but didn't find anything all
that useful -- some sprintf call was dying.  However, bind 8.2 runs fine on
another system (running 2.2.7).

The 2.2.8 machine was upgraded from 2.2.6 (via cvsup & make world).
Unfortunately, I can't upgrade it to 3.1 or -stable any time soon.

faried.