Date:      Wed, 9 Oct 2002 10:38:17 +0200
From:      Michael Hostbaek <mich@freebsdcluster.org>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   problems with libpcap

I have been running a 4.6-STABLE box for some time, and yesterday I
cvsup'ed for 4.7-RC

Since the 4.6-STABLE build the box has been rebooting whenever I was
running a program using libpcap (e.g. tcpdump, ngrep)
No error, no panic - just a reboot.

Last entries in /var/log/messages is:
Oct  9 10:18:30 fw /kernel: fxp0: promiscuous mode enabled
Oct  9 10:18:30 fw /kernel: fxp0: promiscuous mode disabled
Oct  9 10:18:35 fw /kernel: fxp0: promiscuous mode enabled
Oct  9 10:21:18 fw /kernel: Copyright (c) 1992-2002 The FreeBSD Project.

The only thing out of the ordinary is that I am running snort... could
this be the problem ? Should I shut down snort before tcpdumping ?
snort is running on a different NIC than the one I am tcpdumping...

any pointers greatly appriciated..

--
Best Regards,
	Michael Landin Hostbaek