Date:      Tue, 26 Mar 1996 17:04:27 -0600 (CST)
From:      Splice <splice@sunset.backbone.olemiss.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   IBM PS/1 Installation Help

Hello,

	I have been trying to install FreeBSD onto my PS/1 for a couple
of hours and haven't been able to get the boot floppy to work.  I tried
just letting it boot, and with a '-c' option from the boot: prompt.  All
It freezes after a few lines of init stuff and a few seconds and
repeatedly outputs this line indefinitely:

Error: C:64 H:0 S:4

Now I know I had a problem getting Linux to work on my system because for
some reason, IBM doesn't store any hard drive geometry in bios, but I got
around that by giving cylinders, heads, and sectors at the boot prompt.
Is this the problem, or should I just accept the fact that the PS/1 with
all its proprietary inadequacies just isn't the system for FreeBSD?
Thanks for your time!

					- Patrick
					- splice@sunset.backbone.olemiss.edu