Date:      Sat, 23 Jun 2001 11:22:03 -0500
To:        "Ian Thomas" <ipthomas_77@yahoo.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: cable connection problems

Ian,

Hi, I'm no networking expert or anything but... from my personal experience,
I believe that most cable provider's DHCP servers do not really support DHCP
for *NIX systems... Probably if one was knowledgable enough, one could set
this up to work but, I have had a few different O/Ses on my cable connection
and have found that DHCP never works quite right...

What I do is have setup a static I.P. address and fill out the details
manually. That always seems to work great.

Jordan