Date:      Tue, 17 Sep 1996 10:37:08 GMT+0100
From:      "Kees Jan Koster" <Kees.Koster@nym.sc.philips.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Can I swap on /dev/ccd0?

Right, so now I can combine /tmp and swap, but I'm still not
quite satisfied. I'd like to mount two swap partitions on /tmp
and combine their capacity.

I used the following fstab entries, but this has the effect of
combining the two partitions for swap, while /tmp is mounted
twice, one mount hiding the other. In effect, this gives me
100Mb swap combined with 50Mb /tmp.

/dev/sd0s2b	none	swap	sw	0 0
/dev/sd0s2b	/tmp	mfs	rw	0 0

/dev/sd1s2b	none	swap	sw	0 0
/dev/sd1s2b	/tmp	mfs	rw	0 0

I was hoping that this would give me and interleaved /tmp of
100Mb. But I guess I knew better from the start <:-)

Ok, trying a different angle:

Can I set up ccd(4) in such a way that it allows me to combine the
two partitions for swap and /tmp? The manual page for ccd claims
that the kernel will only accept FFS components.

Thanks,
  Kees Jan Koster