Date:      Sun, 2 Mar 2003 14:10:01 -0800
From:      Michael Collette <metrol@metrol.net>
To:        Sergey Matveychuk <sem@ciam.ru>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, kde@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [kde-freebsd] kde3.1 & qt 3.1.1

On Sunday 02 March 2003 01:33 pm, Sergey Matveychuk wrote:
> I'v upgraded qt from 3.0 to 3.1.1 and KDE 3.1 can't start now.
> kdeinit and some other progs core dumped.
>
> I'v rebuilt all KDE but it doesn't help.
>
> Does somebody make KDE 3.1 work with qt 3.1.1?
>
> ----
> Sem.

Step 1: Remove ALL of KDE and Qt.
Step 2: Install KDE

To accomplish these steps...

pkg_delete -rf qt*
cd /usr/ports/x11/kde3
make install clean

Feel free to insert into these steps various naps, fixing dinner, or going to
the movies while this runs.

If after you've done these steps things still do not work we'll need a fair
amount of info from you.  Stuff like a list of what ports you have installed
now, what version level is your FreeBSD at, and what version is X at.  You
can just send that report on over to the kde@freebsd.org list if need be.

I bet that if you clean up the install it'll work just peachy.  I just ran a
full compile on KDE last night on one of my boxes running STABLE and it
worked out perfectly.

Later on,
--
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark
to read."