Date:      Fri, 17 Aug 2001 20:58:56 -0500
From:      jacks@sage-american.com
To:        Duke Normandin <01031149@3web.net>, Freebsd Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Script to strip email headers??

Duke: I have a similar need to strip headers on a server that runs
Majordomo regular list but won't run the archive/digest that removes the
headers, so I had to do a workaround to send out a custom digest, but full
of "noise" (headers). Having virtual hosts has created the problem that
prevents using the regular digest on this server.

So, there is a Perl5 script "archive.pl" in:
#/usr/local/majordomo/Tools
that should remove the "noise" of the extra headers and places a separator
line of "====" between each message...THAT WOULD BE PERFECT!!! However, not
being a Perl person, I haven't figured how to make use of it against each
day's digest full of messages for a clean digest. Perhaps this would also
work for you if we could get to to work!!!

Have you looked at this one...? I've really got the same need, so if you
find a better solution, please let me know. If you know how to do some
Perl5, then the ideas in archive2.pl look good. Let me know. Thanks!

At 02:08 PM 8.17.2001 -0600, Duke Normandin wrote:

>On Fri, Aug 17, 2001 at 03:22:35PM +0000, Francesco Casadei wrote:
>> On Wed, Aug 15, 2001 at 07:26:36PM -0600, Duke Normandin wrote:
>> >
>> > I use Mutt in mbox format. Over the past year or so, I've saved a lot of
>> > FBSD-questions messages. Anybody know of a script that will strip the
>> > headers from my saved folders? I want the folders to loose all that dead
>> > weight. It would be nice if Mutt could do this right from the start...
>> > --
>> > -duke
>>
>> If you have installed procmail you can use the program formail.
>> From formail(1) manpage, EXAMPLES section:
>
>[snip]
>
>No... I don't use procmail --but, the " sed -e '1,/^$/ d' "
>looks promising. Does formail(1) have a comlete sed-based example?
>Thanks!
>--
>-duke
>Calgary, Alberta, Canada