Date:      16 Feb 2003 14:34:28 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
Cc:        freebsd gnome <freebsd-gnome@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: galeon with VM

--=-qaDbH2dlQTfCX7wBZ11/

On Sun, 2003-02-16 at 14:25, Randy Bush wrote:
> >> anyone using galeon with the mail user agent VM, and have the tricks
> >> for sending a url from VM to galeon by opening a new tab in the
> >> existing window?
> > Galeon uses the GNOME mailer as configured in the GNOME Control Center.=
=20
> > If you're not using the GNOME desktop, it might be easier to install
> > gnomecontrolcenter just to make configuring this easier.  If you don't
> > want to do that, you can use gconftool to play with the
> > /apps/galeon/Handlers/Programs/mailer key.  Setting this key to your MU=
> > should have the desired affect.
>=20
> that sounds like how to invoke the right MUA from galeon.  i am trying
> to do the reverse, send a URL from my MUA to galeon.  and i keep getting
> "The URL is not valid and can not be loaded" either with the elisp hack
> i found on net (see appended) or straight out.

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood.  Since I've never used VM, I'm not sure what
the problem is.  I can reproduce the problem by pasting arbitrary text
into Galeon.  For instance, this is an invalid URL:

http://www.cisco.com public

Note the space between com and public.  Perhaps VM is inserting some bad
characters or whitespace.

Joe

>=20
> randy
>=20
> ;; galeon
> (defun vm-mouse-send-url-to-galeon-new-tab (url)
>   (let ((vm-netscape-program "galeon")
>         (vm-netscape-program-switches (cons "-n"
>                                             vm-netscape-program-switches)=
))
>     (vm-mouse-send-url-to-netscape url)))
>=20
> (setq vm-url-browser 'vm-mouse-send-url-to-galeon-new-tab)
>=20
> (defun qx-add-galeon-menu-item ()
>   (setq vm-menu-url-browser-menu
>         (let ((title (car x))
>               (rest (cdr x)))
>           (cons title
>                 (cons
>                  ["Galeon"
>                   (vm-mouse-send-url-at-position
>                    (point)=20
>                    (function vm-mouse-send-url-to-galeon-new-tab))
>                   t]
>                  rest)))))
>=20
> (add-hook 'vm-menu-setup-hook 'qx-add-galeon-menu-item)
--=20

--=-qaDbH2dlQTfCX7wBZ11/

--=-qaDbH2dlQTfCX7wBZ11/--